Bayer CropScience Launches Latest Insecticide Innovation, Sivanto
Sivanto can be applied as a foliar spray or as a soil drench, shank or drip application, depending on the crop, allowing growers maximum flexibility with their crop protection tools. More information on application methods for each crop is included in the product label.
With the registration of Sivanto, Bayer CropScience will be able to address the specific needs of growers across multiple crops, i.e.:
- In citrus, Sivanto provides an effective alternative to citricola scale management and can be used to help manage citrus thrips, key pests in the San Joaquin Valley that have few options for control. Additionally, university studies show that Sivanto has extremely fast feeding cessation effects on Asian citrus psyllid (ACP), key to helping reduce the transmission of Huanglongbing, or HLB. Also, Sivanto brings maximum application flexibility, including during the most challenging times that can occur around bloom periods.
- For pome fruit, Sivanto offers excellent control of certain aphids (incl. green apple aphids and rosy apple aphids), scales (incl. San Jose scale and oystershell scale) and pear psylla when applied at a pink through petal fall timing. With flexible application timings, including during bloom periods, and compatibility with many beneficial insects, Sivanto is a good fit for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs. Following Sivanto with Movento® insecticide from Bayer CropScience offers a knockdown and long residual control program, and, by rotating modes of action, reduces the build-up of insect resistance.
- For cucurbit vegetables, Sivanto helps ensure quick, reliable control of aphids and whiteflies while providing security that pollination by honey and bumble bees is unaffected. Sivanto’s rapid feeding cessation effect and control of insect vectors reduce silverleaf damage and provide disease mitigation, including for the cucurbit yellow stunting disorder virus (CYSDV) transmitted by whiteflies.
- Regarding fruiting vegetables, Sivanto brings effective adult knockdown and residual control of aphids, whiteflies, leafhoppers and psyllids. Sivanto provides mitigation of plant diseases, such as tomato yellow leaf curl virus (TYLCV), and offers flexible application methods, including the option to apply as a foliar spray or as a soil drench or drip application.
- In alfalfa, Sivanto provides excellent control of aphids including the blue alfalfa aphid, which has been found in high populations in recent years. Sivanto offers a flexible window of application due to its high selectivity to many beneficial insects and predatory mites as well as a short PHI of 7 days for forage and hay uses.
- For sorghum, Sivanto provides excellent control of aphids, including the sugarcane aphid which has been found in high populations in recent years.
“We’re excited that our newly-registered Sivanto will provide growers with a new tool that has an excellent fit with modern pest management practices,” Rittemann said.
For more information on Sivanto insecticide, visit the Sivanto Product Page on the Bayer CropScience website, follow Bayer on Twitter @Bayer4CropsUS or contact your local sales representative for product information. To learn more about Bayer CropScience, visit www.bayercropscience.us.
Bayer CropScience Twitter Page:
Bayer CropScience Blog:
Bayer CropScience is committed to bringing new technology and solutions for agriculture and non-agricultural uses. For questions concerning the availability and use of products, contact a local Bayer CropScience representative, or visit Bayer CropScience online at www.bayercropscience.us.
Visit the Bayer Connect – Social Hub for all Bayer CropScience social media, recent news, blog posts, videos and more.
About Bayer CropScience
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech materials. Bayer CropScience, the subgroup of Bayer AG responsible for the agricultural business, has annual sales of EUR 8,819 million (2013) and is one of the world’s leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of seeds, crop protection and non-agricultural pest control. The company offers an outstanding range of products including high value seeds, innovative crop protection solutions based on chemical and biological modes of action as well as an extensive service backup for modern, sustainable agriculture. In the area of non-agricultural applications, Bayer CropScience has a broad portfolio of products and services to control pests from home and garden to forestry applications. The company has a global workforce of 22,400 and is represented in more than 120 countries. This and further news is available at:www.press.bayercropscience.com.
Bayer CropScience Media Hotline, 1-862-404-5118, or
Tel: (404) 995-4509
Find more information at www.bayercropscience.us.