Bad Weather

This topic contains 1 reply, has 4 voices, and was last updated by WillieeArmellini WillieeArmellini 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    WillieeArmellini
    WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

There is some really nasty weather heading East but you might already know that. We wish all the best and be safe.

WillieeArmellini
    WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

Nasty Weather

WillieeArmellini
    WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

Anyone want to share some really cold stores?

gchoice

Working at W.H. Elliotts in Madbury NH in the 60’s and 70’s when roses were grown in the Northeast.
    One month in January the temperature never got above freezing. I worked many hours in the boiler room “hand firing” four huge boilers using “bunker C” oil. (like tar) Fun when you had all the valves set right but “terror” when one or more would start “huffing and puffing”! Always a challenge to adjust the oil and air mixture as you light the propane torch!!

WillieeArmellini
    WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

And you survived!

jenifer
    Participant

Northern Indiana here. Closed shop today, maybe tomorrow also. Hate it but with -13 temp and a wind chill of -34 it’s crazy to try. We are still under a State of Emergency and can actually be fined for being on the roads. I really want to smack the people that go out and get stuck just because no one is going to take away their rights to be complete morons! I’m ready for Spring.

gchoice

The mayor of Indianapolis has upgraded the city’s travel emergency level to “red,” making it illegal for anyone other than emergency personnel to drive except for emergency purposes or if they are seeking shelter.
    http://www.ibj.com/mayor-raises-travel-emergency-level-to-red/PARAMS/article/45438

gchoice

Jenifer
    I can say that I do not miss the cold and snow. Nice to sit on the patio today and enjoy the sun!

jenifer
    Participant

Looks like Florida was going to be pretty chili too gchoice. I think the older we get the harder it is to like the Northern Winters. It’s an age thing.

WillieeArmellini
    WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

I realize that it is not so simple to post images but if anyone has any great images to illustrate the crazy cold weather just email them to me

williee@flowersandcents.com

sme

I thought that the
    -18 degrees in Chicago was bad, now faced with 16 inches or rain here in
    S Florida when I returned

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  sme.
    WillieeArmellini
    WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

I heard there was really lots of rain in Broward County yesterday!

sme

Chicago will soon be called Chiberia. Two more strong winter storms are headed their way this week( Tue-Wed & Sat-Sun) Sunday 24″ Terrible for Valentines

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.