Canada: Kriska's reefer fleet gets real-time cold chain security

Home Forums Gossip, Rumors and Industry Buzz Canada: Kriska's reefer fleet gets real-time cold chain security

This topic contains 1 reply, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  WillieeArmellini 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

gchoice

Do any of the flower trucking companies use this technology?

Canada: Kriska’s reefer fleet gets real-time cold chain security

Kriska Holdings Limited’s entire fleet of refrigerated trailers will be equipped with the ibright refrigerated telematics system from International Telematics (ITC), Kriska said Friday.

“We have heard loud and clear from our food and pharmaceutical customers that cold chain security – both from a temperature abuse and tampering perspective – is of paramount concern,” said Mark Seymour, CEO of Kriska. “The ibright platform will allow our employees and our customers to see in real-time not only where their freight is, but also the current and past temperature history of the load, when and where the trailer was open, the health of the reefer including fuel levels, as well as an ability to remotely make changes to the reefer settings. We believe this added level of safety and security is appropriate given the tremendous importance of protecting the North American cold chain.”

Reefer Sales and Service is the largest dealer of the ibright product in Canada and will facilitate the installation and ongoing support across the Kriska fleet in the first quarter of 2014.

Source: todaystrucking.com

WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

I am not certain but Armellini has most if not all of these features on all their trucks. I can also imagine that most of the other carriers do as well. It is a combination of having smart refers and realtime communication with the truck. The smart refer is gathering the data and uses the trucks satellite to transmit the data along with the trucks where location as well

gchoice

Does Armellini and others provide live tracking and data to their customers?

Coollogistics
    Participant

Yes

WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

I personally am aware that Armellini has programs that allow shippers to provide very specific data to be passed along to the buyer via computer. This includes invoice data and product specific data. However, it only works if the two parties (buyer and seller) have this data digitally and are willing to share.

ofb
    Participant

What ever, I need HEATED , PROTECTED, service < grin>. I mean this makes for great news but !

You have to laugh.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.