Hiring – Experienced Floral Buyer
March 16, 2016 at 3:30 pm #14333
Corporate Floral Buyer
Key Floral, Inc. is a wholesale floral company focusing on the sales and service of floral departments in mass markets; typically major grocery store chains, and smaller independent stores. The company’s success over the past 22 years is marked by our growth from 1 service location to over 140 locations across 4 states in addition to other successful programs based out of our corporate office in Bedford, NH. We are currently seeking an experienced, progressive, and enthusiastic buyer who has a passion for the industry, loves flowers, and strives to exceed business objectives.
The job of the Corporate Floral Buyer involves sourcing and purchasing from regional vendors and others as assigned by the President of the company. Close control of purchasing budgets, negotiating with suppliers, ensuring delivery schedules are met and preparing ongoing reports for company executives are all part of this position. Coordination of all efforts between the President, our vendor partners, and the IFS Distribution Center in a timely manner with 100% accuracy.
• Evaluate market trends, price of goods and supplies in the market.
• Networking and negotiating with Suppliers for competitive prices.
• Generating purchase orders & worksheets
• Compiling market survey analysis and reports.
• Assisting in Budgets and Financial Plans for the purchase of supplies.
• Analyzing market reports and strategizing plans for stores.
• Ensuring the maintenance of quality standards for goods in the store.
• Procurement of perishable and non-perishable products
• Generate procurement sheets following company standards and vendor time requirements
• Verify UPCs for products
• Work with receiving department to update receiving changes
• Coordinate and lineup product packaging
• Professional development and maintenance of vendor relations.
• Design, develop, & maintain product standards, packaging requirements, UPC requirements, & receiving standards.
• Travel to vendor sites and shows as requested by management.
• Other responsibilities as requested by members of the management team.
• Bachelors in Horticulture, Agriculture, Botany or related field
• 3-5 years of market / buying experience
• Strong analytical, organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills
• Detail oriented with a high degree of concentration and accuracy at all times
• Excellent Negotiation skills
• Clear communication skills—both verbal and written
• Flexibility to work extended hours during holiday seasons
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to adapt to new software and computer programs as needed
• Ability to travel for business (as needed or requested by President)
What We Offer:
• An Opportunity for personal and professional growth
• Work Schedule: Monday – Friday / 8am – 4:30pm
• Working directly out of our corporate office in Bedford, NH
• A fast-paced, friendly, and energetic work environment
• A competitive salary commensurate with experience
• A full benefits package including Paid Time Off, 401(k) with employer match, medical, dental, vision, FSA, & additional supplemental benefits.
To apply, Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jennifer@keyfloral.com
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.