I think it is time to talk. please

Home Forums Gossip, Rumors and Industry Buzz I think it is time to talk. please

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  WillieeArmellini 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

If you are reading this then you must be a die hard follow of F&C or a new member. This site was built 14 years ago on the discussions that took place in the forums. However for the last few years the discussions have been mostly absent.

I attribute this to a few specific issues. First when F&C started there was no Facebook, twitter or any number of social media forums that now have captured peoples attention and time.

Secondly there has not been an event like USA Floral Product’s rise to greatness and collapse to ashes, since then

But I suspect the main reason is a result of my software crash in 2013, forcing me to change to a different format. Admittedly, the current forum is not as easy to follow and despite my efforts to find a better option I wonder if this has caused a lack of interest?

It is also true that this change did not happen over night and posting had fallen off before the hardware issue. As a result in 2011 I started posting more news and selling ads to offset the cost and make a few bucks for my time and efforts.

The good news is that the hits and site activity have not changed and in fact have improved due to a larger audience that my press coverage has attracted. Advertisers are willing to spend their hard earned dollars to get noticed and I thank them all.

If you follow my efforts you know that I am now focused on attending floral shows, expo’s and conferences around the world to share with my Flowerandcents.com audience. Along with any floral news I can find to share with you daily. I have started sending out an email blast on occasions when there is big news, but not so many that you will ignore them.

Finally I appeal to you to respond and tell me what you think. (I’ll make it easy and recap)

..Is posting too difficult on this forum?
    ..Are you content with just the Floral news?
    ..Any suggestions?

Williee Armellini
    Editor and Curious

sme

Williee:

With it being the summer & slow in the Flower industry.

Click on the link below & enjoy!

We need some more interaction with some of the “characters” on flowersandcents.com

My two cents!
    SME

“PIANO MAN” AS YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD IT BEFORE

You’ll enjoy this. Don’t be surprised if you sing along.
    What’s better is watching the fun the audience had!
    Billy Joel performs “Piano Man” with Kevin Spacey, Boyz II Men, Natalie Maines, Josh Groban, Gavin DeGraw,
    Tony Bennett, LeAnn Rimes and Michael Feinstein during the ceremony where he was honored with the Library of Congress
    Gershwin Prize for Popular Song on November 19, 2014 at DAR Constitution Hall in Washington, D.C..
    The show premiered on January 2, 2015 on PBS. Be sure to watch this on full screen.

Click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F4MYJIC1sU

WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

I guess that plea for feedback did not work.

WCflor
    Participant

Do not find the posting too difficult, seems like there is no interaction on the forum. If you post you do not get any replies and it ends at that point. On the old site there was more interaction.

The news is decent but I do miss the inside info from various regions that we had on the old site. Be great if there were more posters at grower level updating on weather, production and logistics issues in various regions. That also seems to get more people talking.

Some developments in the industry do not make the news posted whereas they all seemed to be discussed in the past.

I can tell you are putting effort into the site and I feel for you.

WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

There is life out there. I am just not sure what to make of it but I will keep trying different tweeks to see if I can unleash the posters. Thanks for your comments.

jenifer
    Participant

Sorry Williee, I did like the old platform better and loved seeing the number of “views” on individual threads. This platform isn’t difficult and I do enjoy your news. Facebook is just too darn easy. There are so many florists groups, it’s actually annoying but I seem to get sucked in anyway. I have learned a lot here over the years, thank you for all your efforts. I’ll try to be better.

CALGROWER
    Participant

I agree….I like seeing the views..and when posting pictures I like knowing how many people viewed them. It is a little harder to follow……definitely enjoyed the prior version!

WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

Ok thanks and I hear everyone loud and clear. There is no going back but I am working on some ways to make this one more friendly. Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.