Importers verses Growers

Home Forums Gossip, Rumors and Industry Buzz Importers verses Growers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by WillieeArmellini WillieeArmellini 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    WillieeArmellini
    WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

So in the last few days we have seen the Miami importer community and Wffsa both announce new programs.

The AFIF organization has decided to hold an event in June that will highlight the benefits of Miami based companies. I am told it is not a trade show.

Wffsa is changing some of its’rules regarding who can attend and offering incentives to attract more wholesalers to the FDC in October.

Over the last several years there has been a growing concern amongst importers that Wffs and its FDC program is too open to nonmembers and others. This appears to be the inspiration behind the latest move by the importers.

It will be interesting to see how this affects attendance at either event. Good luck to all.

Things are happening in floral stay tuned.

Williee

Rumpelstilskin64

IMHO WFFSA should go back to the old times when it was a convention and also an exhibition with fully displayed booths. It motivated visitors from all segments and gave live to networking, workshops, new product launching and fun.

Regards,

Rumpelstilskin64

scooter
    Participant

We enjoyed the old days of WFFSA..

WillieeArmellini
    WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

While I agree with both of you, those days are gone, much like the Armellini get together’s.

I think WFFSA has little choice but to find safe ground elsewhere. SAF or Calflowers would possibly make good fit.

The reality is that there are less “traditional wholesalers” than ever and while most would like to return to the days of a well worn orderly distribution system, those days are gone as well.

Everyone must fight to maintain their position in the market.

Williee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.