Kendall Farms seeks Shipping/Receiving-Bouquet Production Mgr
February 1, 2016 at 10:25 pm #14112
Come work for Kendall Farms, a rapidly growing flower farm located in Fallbrook, CA with a reputation for some of the highest quality products in the flower industry. We are looking for someone who is bilingual-English-Spanish (required). Someone who has a non-stop positive attitude and the willingness to go the extra mile. We need a person with strong leadership skills and the ability to work within tight timelines.
Shipping/Receiving-Bouquet Production Manager
The S/R-Bouquet Production Manager is responsible for all aspects of shipping/receiving, bouquet assemble and fulfillment of product to customers. This individual will be expected to drive process solutions and have strong project management skills. Leads and trains employees who process orders; schedules and releases orders for shipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises and coordinates daily activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment: Proactively studies customer orders, flower inventory, season, weekly harvest projections, and shipping method, etc. to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, product needed (both flower and/or hard goods) required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
• Maintain necessary reports, schedules and calendars.
• Oversee outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, meeting quality standards, completeness, and overall condition of shipments.
• Oversee incoming receiving activities (both internal and 3rd party) to ensure accuracy, meeting quality standards, completeness, and overall condition of shipments.
• Ensure shipping docs (UPC, labels, customer invoices, way bills) are completed prior to shipdate
• Set up agreement annually with all shippers including: logistics, pricing and contact information.
• Plan and schedule weekly deliveries and pick-ups prior to shipdate.
• Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
• Oversee internal purchaser to ensure 3rd party product is ordered and received prior to customer ship date. Leverage purchase volume to ensure best price, highest quality and delivery reliability
• Assist Sales Director on preparing equipment and products for trade shows and other events
• Manage hard good inventory via weekly documented physical count, ordering frequency, and negotiation of yearly purchase price.
• Manage flower inventory (both internal and 3rd party) via biweekly documented physical count. Provide detailed inventory on ready-to-expire product to Sales department.
• Maintain weekly labor reports, bonus program worksheets, bouquet assembly worksheets
• Prepare and submit timecard verification and bonus payout to Sales Director
• Manage personnel to include recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, time off, and problem resolution.
• Ensure all employees are informed of the same opportunities; have clearly defined goals for advancement and available hours.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Minimum 5 years supervisorial shipping/receiving and/or warehouse experience
2 years of floriculture and/or perishable knowledge preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Bilingual English/Spanish, fluent both verbal and written
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Sequel based operating system
• Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
• Strong commitment to customer service and teamwork
• Positive, action oriented attitude towards problems solving and satisfying customer needs.
• Strong commitment to customer service and teamwork.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
• Ability to output high volume of work accurately with attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to tolerate temperatures of 34-38 degrees at times when checking inventory in the cooler
• Must not be color blind
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Ability to work Saturday when need be
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.