Potomac Floral Wholesale seeks Assistant Purchasing Manager
June 26, 2017 at 7:18 pm #16424
Assistant Purchasing Manager
• Source, select, and purchase products at the most favorable price, quality, quantity and specification requirements.
• Negotiate prices, delivery arrangements, discount, and payment terms.
• Analyze and monitor market prices and economic conditions to anticipate consumer buying patterns.
• Plan and forecast for future product buys based on historical sales records/activity, recurring buys, and current inventory levels.
• Inspect products for quality and value. Initiate credit process for returns or damages.
• Assist with inventory management and heavy data entry.
• Actively work with sales staff & management to determine customer buying needs, communicate delivery schedules, product availability, etc.
• Reviews requisitions, purchase orders, and vouchers for the accuracy and conformance with established policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience within floral industry is preferred from either grower, wholesale, retail, or grocery background. Experience with perishables is a plus.
• Knowledge of the fundamental principles of purchasing and accounting.
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
• Strong Negotiation and Organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
• Basic-Intermediate Computer Skills (MS Office).
• Ability to effectively communicate between multiple parties to include sales department, warehouse operations, and vendors.
Potomac Floral Wholesale is a well-established and rapidly growing company with a variety of available career opportunities. We are a company that continually provides employees with challenge, growth, and development opportunities. We are accepting resumes on a rolling basis from motivated individuals who are looking to personally grow with our company.
• Fun and high-energy environment
• Competitive pay
• Health Benefits
• 401(k) with company matching
• Generous Associate Discount
• And more!
To apply, submit resume to: HR@flowerwholesale.com
No phone calls.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.