WORLD FLORAL EXPO IN CHICAGO SMASHING SUCCESS!

Home Forums Gossip, Rumors and Industry Buzz WORLD FLORAL EXPO IN CHICAGO SMASHING SUCCESS!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rc 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

WORLD FLORAL EXPO IN CHICAGO SMASHING SUCCESS!
    Chicago, April 2. World Floral Expo ended last week with a total score of 587 attending buyers representing 468 flower companies from over 30 American states and Canada. Especially the second day was crowded with lots of buyers and an excellent atmosphere on the floor. But also the first and third day were good, since almost all attendees that came to visit were big and important flower buyers. It can be said that this edition in Chicago may well have been the best show ever organised by HPP in the USA. Not the size of the show nor the quantity of visitors, but the quality was the key factor for the success of the event, according to Dick van Raamsdonk, spokesman of the expo.
    According to one exhibitor Dean Rule, exhibitor and General Manager of International Rose Breeders LLC, commenting the following on the first day of the show:“ today I saw wholesalers walking around representing about 25% of the total USA flower wholesale market”. HPP received and is still receiving many thank you notes from exhibitors on the positive results of the event.
    World Floral Expo will move on to its next destination, as part of the changed concept to organise its trade show every year in a different city, to San Diego in California. World Floral Expo has agreed with Calflowers, the Californian Flower Growers & Shippers Organization, to organize World Floral Expo next year in March from the 10th to the 12th in this city. For more information on the Chicago as well as the San Diego edition, visit http://www.worldfloralexpo.com.

rc
    Participant

I suppose if an exhibitor picks up one good customer it’s worth while, but I wonder how many go away with very few or no real leads at all.

WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

After attending more of these shows than I care to remember, I believe that there is enough evidence to suggest that these shows have value. By virtue of the fact that vendors and buyers keep showing up year after year.

You are correct that one good lead could make it all worthwhile. If you go home with nothing but some business cards then my guess is that you will not come back year after year.

Case in point is my own experience with art shows. The wife and I have started attending local art shows where I attempt to sell my wood turnings and mix media art. We have paid the fees, bought the necessary equipment and showed up ready to sell on more than one occasion with mixed results. When we sell nothing we have to evaluate if the prices were too high, wrong venue for my work, not enough variety etc. Generally we give a show that offers good possibilities two tries and if no sales then we move on.

I imagine many floral vendors use a similar methodology for evaluating shows.

rc
    Participant

I like your artwork Williee! The sax player is my favorite.

WillieeArmellini
    Keymaster

thanks he is very kool and is loaded with fiber optics that light up all over in different colors. Made from Bamboo an old teeter and its base is an old break rotor from a Porsche that I once owned.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.