Login

NEWS posted by

NORDLIE INC. TO BECOME 100% EMPLOYEE OWNED

NORDLIE INC.  TO  BECOME  100%  EMPLOYEE OWNED

NORDLIE INC.  TO  BECOME  100%  EMPLOYEE OWNED

 Warren MI:  Nordlie Inc., headquartered in Warren , MI announces agreement between the Nordlie Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Plan and  family owners to purchase  all remaining shares in the company, making the Nordlie ESOP 100% owners of the company.  The Nordlie ESOP currently own approximately 20% of the company and has acquired the entire remaining 80% held by the Nordlie family.

Founded in 1928 by Fred Nordlie, Nordlie Inc. has been operated by James O. Nordlie after his return from military service in World War II and graduation from the University of Michigan.  Said Nordlie upon his induction into the Michigan Floral Association Hall of Fame in 2011, “A great part of the credit (for our success and longevity) goes to our loyal, hard working, and dedicated employees.”

The company will continue to operate under current management and operates seven branches, three in Michigan, three in Ohio and one in Tampa Florida.  The management and staff are excited for the future and opportunity to continue to serve the floral industry as both employees and 100% owners.

2 Comments

  • Yay for Nordlie’s employees couldn’t happen to a nicer group of peeps!

  • Now I need to update my article Chain, Chain, Chain. I think this is a great way for a chain to progress. The nature of a wholesaler chain is that you have stores spread all over and a limited ability to manage them from a home office. As a result, for better or worse, you end up with a bunch of fiefdoms that need to have a certain amount of autonomy. Having them as owners changes the game and makes them invested in the outcome in a meaningful way. Good Luck!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Search

FB Like Box