THE NEW QUEEN IN THE ROYAL CASTLE GARDENS IN WARSAW Add New Topic
- This topic is empty.
- May 12, 2021 at 10:33 am #22666WillieeArmelliniKeymaster
Warsaw, May 12, 2021
THE NEW QUEEN IN THE ROYAL CASTLE GARDENS IN WARSAW
AT THE ROYAL FLOWER EXHIBITION
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of reconstruction, the Royal Castle in Warsaw and its Gardens gain a new queen. Her Highness ‘Queen of Warsaw’ is a Polish rose variety that will be officially presented during the ROYAL FLOWER EXHIBITION, scheduled on June 10-13. The official naming of the new variety will take place on Saturday, June 12 at the Gardens of the Royal Castle in Warsaw
at 12:00. Małgorzata Walewska will be the special guest of the event.
The ROYAL FLOWER EXHIBITION under the slogan “Museum in harmony with nature” will be held in the Kubicki Arcades and in the Gardens of the Royal Castle in Warsaw. The leading themes – Rose and Biodiversity will be a pretext to create arrangements and stories that will introduce visitors to the worlds full of beauty and inspiration: meadows, herbs, roses and garden stagings as well as floristic works performed by Polish florist masters.
The exhibition will allow visitors to experience beauty, joy and positive emotions. It will also become
a response to the need for stress relief, interaction and a real experience of meetings after months of restriction and isolation. The richness of colours, forms and fragrances will not only stimulate the senses and imagination, but also emphasize the importance of biodiversity, respect for nature and its beneficial influence on our health and lifestyle.
The exhibition combines inspirations with nature, art history, botanical fascinations and garden discoveries. At the same time, it does not ignore the current challenges related to climate change and the need to care for the nature and quality of life of city dwellers. All this will become a canvas for the artistic imagination of landscape architects, gardeners and florists who join forces and talents to arrange unique scenes, installations and compositions in the space of Kubicki Arcades and Gardens.
The arcades are divided into thematic zones. Each of them has a different message, presents a different view of the garden, flowers and art. On the occasion of the Exhibition, the gardens will also gain a new look – sculptures, rose decorations and floral forms will be presented. In their nooks and crannies, you will be able to discover the beauty of forms and unusual surprises, as well as relax in a green space.
- POWER OF BIODIVERSITY – a naturalistic arrangement showing the beauty and value of meadows
and wild communities
- THE STRENGTH OF HERBS – inspired by the cloister’s patio and acquired for centuries in the modern dimension
- ROSE – DIVERSITY – a rich and diverse world of roses – from bedding shrubs, English
and city ones to the delightful compositions of the master florist – Małgorzata Szwagiel
- FOUR SEASONS IN GARDENS – sculptural and floral symbolism of the seasons immersed in lush garden scenery
- QUEEN OF WARSAW – the premiere presentation of a new variety of rose in the Royal Castle
- FLORISTIC MASTERPIECES – the beauty and uniqueness of flowers as interpreted by florists under the supervision of the master florist – Maciej Krzus
- MUSEUM OF NATURE – living flower paintings inspired by painting in the implementation of a team of florists led by the master florist – Mariola Miklaszewska
- GREEN SIDE OF THE CITY – a city full of greenery, which is an integral and necessary component of the city’s fabric, creating a quality living space for its inhabitants
- ROYAL CASTLE GARDENS IN WARSAW – new arrangements, sculptures and surprises as well
as “Elements of Nature” floristic installations create by master florists – Anna Kurnik, Iza Nobis
and Magdalena Kabała-Pachuc.
On Saturday and Sunday, June 12-13, as part of the rich program of events, there will be shows, presentations and outdoor games.
SALES ZONE located in the northern part of the Gardens, with the possibility of purchasing shrubs, roses, perennials, herbs, flowers, bouquets and garden accessories.
“Queen of Warsaw” – the rose of the Royal Castle in Warsaw is a reliable bedding rose with elegant, large flowers (diameter 12 cm) in a pearly, very delicate pink color. In full bloom, it shows the golden center of the stamens, surrounded by a crown of wavy petals. The flowers, arranged in panicles, gradually open, ensuring a long decorative period. They smell spicy and are resistant to rain damage. Trimmed, they repeat flowering beautifully. The bushes are neat, compact, 80-110 cm high and
60-70 cm wide. The variety is highly resistant to fungal diseases and fully frost-resistant. Recommended both for gardens and park discounts. The author of the new variety is Łukasz Rojewski – a Polish breeder, passionate about roses, founder and member of the authorities of the Polish Rose Society. The parents of the new strain are: [(Morgengruss x Constance Spry) x (Morgengruss x Comte de Chambord)].
Date and place: June 10-13, 2021 Kubicki Arcades, Gardens of the Royal Castle in Warsaw
Organizer: The Royal Castle in Warsaw – Museum.
The residence of the Kings and the Republic of Poland
Admission to the Exhibition: from 10.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m., paid PLN 10.00, concessions PLN 5.00
Admission to the Gardens: from 10.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m., free
More details: https://www.zamek-krolewski.pl/en
kontakt: Anna Rosochacz Dział Promocji i Komunikacji
tel. 513 073 850, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agnieszka Żukowska Koordynator Królewskiej Wystawy Kwiatów
tel. 573 360 885, mail: email@example.com
ROYAL FLOWER EXHIBITION
MUSEUM IN HARMONY WITH NATURE
10-13 JUNE 2021
FROM 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
IN THE PROGRAM AMONG OTHERS
JUNE 12, 11.15 AM
- THE CELEBRATION OF NAMING A NEW VARIETY OF ROSE ‘THE QUEEN OF WARSAW’
WITH THE PARTICIPATION OF MAŁGORZATA WALEWSKA
- OPENING OF THE ROYAL GARDEN ROUTE
- PRIZES OF THE POLISH ROSES SOCIETY “Royal Garden of Excellence”
- CONCERT OF CLASSICAL MUSIC
- POWER OF BIODIVERSITY
- THE STRENGTH OF HERBS
- ROSE – DIVERSITY
- FOUR SEASONS IN GARDENS
- QUEEN OF WARSAW
- FLORISTIC MASTERPIECES
- MUSEUM OF NATURE
- GREEN SIDE OF THE CITY
- ROYAL CASTLE GARDENS IN WARSAW with new arrangements
JUNE 12, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
JUNE 13, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- SALE OF PLANTS IN THE ROYAL GARDENS
- CONFERENCE “IN HARMONY WITH NATURE” – FLORISTIC SHOWS BY FLORISTIC MASTERS AND LECTURES ON GARDEN
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.