An outstanding variety competition in Colombia

Home Forums An outstanding variety competition in Colombia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

The planned biannual Proflora exhibition this year was cancelled. More than enough interests to participate with a booth but the fear seems justified that Covid would minimize the number of visitors. Still a very successful variety competition was held from October 4 – 7.

Where at my first visit to Colombia early eighties mainly mums and carnations grew we see today an excellent wide assortment of high quality flowers grown in Colombia.

This variety contest proves the professionalism of the ornamental industry today. 14 categories of flower families with 286 participating entrants proved the growth in wideness of the assortment grown in Colombia today. The overall winner of the competition was the standard rose variety Bluez, a Dümmen Orange variety. All category winners can be found on http://www.asocolflores.org/concurso de variedades 2021.

Everyone involved in our industry should have a look on the winners site to enjoy these beautiful flowers. I have seen many flowers, exhibitions an variety competitions in my life, still for me it was walking in a candy store when I entered the competition hall. In fact all participants should have been winners but at the end, how ungraceful it is, the jury has to decide.

But afterwards one though stands: all compliments for Asocolflores and the Colombia growers perhaps Asocolflores should organize this competition annually.

Jaap Kras

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Select an Archive: